Don't know if this is a bug or not but in the room where the jump scare is, the trigger doesn't work. Looked at a video and I saw that they zoomed in on the picture and waited for the gunshot which opened the door. I tried this before and after the jumpscare and it doesn't seem to work.
Announcement + Update 1.0.7 Changelog
The following few sections detail everything that has been changed with the 1.0.7 update. Skip to the very bottom if you want to see the announcement.
I initially did not intend on making any updates to this; however, there were two gameplay bugs I did not find before release, so I figured I would fix other issues as well.
I do not plan on making any sort of further updates.
- Fixed bug causing Lisa to attack too early on the eye gouge loop
- Fixed bug causing Lisa to appear before the first baby laugh on the last loop
- Slightly decreased time required to look at picture pieces to pick them up
- Slightly decreased time required to look through the cracked bathroom door on the fourth loop
- "Performance Mode" renamed to "Disable Postprocess Effects"
- Now completely disables film grain and chromatic aberration in addition to motion blur and depth of field
- High Quality Screen Space Reflections no longer disabled and grayed out with this option enabled
- Planar (real-time off-screen) reflections are now disabled for windows and the bathtub water if rendering resolution is below 50%
- This should increase performance slightly in areas close to the windows and in the bathroom
- The noticeable framerate drop when looking through the hole in the infinite hallway is now gone
- Fixed bug which caused some screens to be cut off on widescreen aspect ratios
- Added texture animation when gouging the eye in the portrait
- Updated portrait texture in main room
- Updated shower curtain texture to be more dirty
- Updated texture and model of round light in the cement room to be more detailed
- Updated sink texture to have feces
- Updated clock texture and model
- Updated flashlight texture and model
- Added water spouts to showerhead
- Corrected normal map of the toilet seat
- Added IES profile to chandelier light (basically just a light texture)
- Added physical animation to baby (now 1.2x scarier)
- Made baby texture slightly darker and shinier
- Baby is now crying in the bathroom when it first cracks open
- Lisa is now crying during her first appearance under the chandelier
- Door now opens after baby has stopped crying on the sixth loop (as opposed to slightly before)
- Phone now rings only after the background music has completely stopped
NOTE: Although I have fixed these bugs, I still cannot test it myself, so I cannot guarantee a bug-free experience, especially on the Vive.
- Added option at the beginning of the game to choose whether to start in VR (cannot be changed mid-game)
- Added option at the beginning of the game to choose whether to use motion controllers (cannot be changed mid-game)
- The left motion controller can now be used to control the flashlight
- Pressing the left motion controller grip no longer screws up the in game head position or rotation
- Disabled fish-eye distortion effect which caused nausea for some people
- Fixed bug where the first door wouldn't open properly
- The player model is no longer visible
- Movement controls no longer disabled just before the last loop
- The game should now be fully playable all the way through
- There is now a red dot where the player's head should be located when using position tracked headsets like the Vive
- Flashlight now does not show up until it is picked up (or turned on)
- Baby now in the sink on the last loop
- Updated the guide slightly for clarity
- Fixed minor spelling error in the ending dialogue
- Made function of cheat code at the very end more clear (Haven't seen anyone figure out how to use it yet)
I've got school starting up again soon. With the work-load that'll give me, as well as another project I'd like to start working on, I'll have a lot of other stuff to keep me occupied. With that said, I'll be officially taking down Unreal PT next week. This has blown up far more than I expected, but now that it's finished, I would like to move on and start work on something original.
Thank you all for playing!
Get Unreal PT
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
That you miss hands feel quite strange, then you cant open doors, take items and so.
It would be nice if you recreate ending and Lisa in bathroom. I think if you start a project - do it completly. Anyway big thanks to you for your work. I remember those days when i played original demo on PS4. You revived my memories and emotions!
Good luck with next projects!
Can i Ask? Is the Subtitle Option Has Added in this patch? ＼( 'ω')／
That's really impressive, the game get's better and even more authentic! The only thing I still dearly miss is Lisa at the bathroom door, she was the most intense scare I experienced in the original. It would perfect your great work, which is already far superior to all the other PT-remakes (most of those I played had the bathroom door-scene in). Thank you again for your dedication! :)
The bathroom Lisa part is such a great mood set for the rest of P.T. I hope it gets added in!
Indeed, this very short glimpse of her hand and face was enough to make my blood freeze. It was a great part of the almost perfect pacing of the original. I really hope there is a way to implement that. Maybe the developers of the other recreations could help out. I can live without the cockroaches, but this scene is important in a narrative sense in my opinion.